Thursday, November 15, 2007

How much of this response is canned, I wonder?

Hi Jessica ,

Thanks for listening to 105.7 WROR and thanks for your comments about our programming.

Here at WROR, we find Christmas fun and worthy of celebrating. With Thanksgiving next week, we thought it we’d get into the spirit now. Led by Loren and Wally, we are all excited to celebrate the season by having some fun and playing Boston’s Favorite Christmas Songs. I’m sorry you don’t agree.

We will try to vary up the list, although there are only so many Christmas songs that are good and that people like.

Hopefully, when the spirit of fun touches you, you might join us. Santa will be available to talk to kids of all ages weeknights from 6 to 8.

I appreciate you taking the time to write and appreciate your loyal listening over the years.

We will return to playing Boston’s Greatest Hits on December 26.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You would think reasonable people would make a concerted effort not to overkill celebrating a holiday. As Bill Maher has said, "If I wanted to hear about Jesus 365 days a year, I would've voted for Bush." Hey, it's no wonder I can't get hired on by a newspaper there in Massachusetts. If it's any indication the editors have the same mentality as that program director, I now see why.

My girlfriend has relatives there and we're dying to leave the good ol' boy South. Besides our fanatic love for watching the Boston Red Sox on NESN with awesome broadcasts by Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy, people in Massachusetts are overall more friendly and tolerant. You should try listening to the radio stations here. I'm sure after a full day, you'll wish you had WROR.

Unknown said...

I'm guessing that most of it is canned; you have to wonder how many complaints they get that they have a formula response for it.

On the other hand, do let us all know when the spirit of fun touches you.