Friday, March 07, 2008

One drawback of laughing gas.

So I've had to go to the dentist an awful lot in the last two months. I have always been petrified of the dentist, scarred for life by the ghosts of dentists past. I finally sucked it up and went to a new dentist, who I like very much. Apart from my dentist and his assistant's phenomenal chairside manner, my office visits have improved with the help of laughing gas.

It really calms me down. It is, as my dentist told me, like a couple glasses of wine.

I think they turned it up a little high the other day, because I admitted I was especially nervous. As they left the room to let the gas kick in, I lay listening to the satellite "blend" station was on the speakers. I found myself drifting off to the sound of Jimmy Buffet. Looking for my lost shaker of salt.

WAIT.

I HATE JIMMY BUFFET.

But for that period of time, I was wasted away again in Margaritaville. And it was calming. And yeah, I liked it.

Don't worry - I'm normal now. Even laughing gas can't make a parrothead out of me. Not permanently, anyway.

No comments: